Sunday, August 18, 2013

Our not so Drunch Brunch.

So, Chris arrived at LAX on thursday night and I've been pretty distracted  from anything els since he's gotten back. It's weird how being apart from him feels harder now than ever. I wasn't expecting all the butterflies in my stomach driving into LAX. 

Even though he was on tour for only about 2.5 weeks, it reminded me of the difficult times living in separate countries. All the work and changes we went through to live in the same country and here we were skyping again. Of course it's not the same, but I've clearly developed a love/hate relationship with skype. Nonetheless, it's amazing to have my best friend back in town and to get a little extra help on our final wedding plans. Only 26 days!!!

To celebrate his return and get started on some wedding projects, we decided that on Saturday we would get out of the house as soon as I had returned from teaching my regular summer dance classes. 

First stop, Bloody Mary's! 

We decided to head to Echo Park to a fairly new restaurant/bar, Mowhawk Bend.

Chris and I are both big fans of Bloody Mary's and who on earth doesn't love a good drunch? (drunk brunch). Unfortunately we were too late to enjoy a brunch so we went with appetizers instead. Sweet potato fries and wing style cauliflower.  

I'm just going to be completely honest here and say that we weren't very impressed. I really wanted to like this place for a few different reasons, i've heard amazing things about their beers and the fact that they have 72 on tap. The fact that they only serve locally sourced food and drinks was also pretty enticing, as the carbon footprint discussion was one often had, growing up in my family's home.  Either way, the food isn't good enough for me to even recommend. And i'm afraid to say my Bloody Mary was more like tomato juice and a bit of vodka. Looks pretty good though, don't you think?

I've decided to save the second half of this post until AFTER our wedding. It involves our personalized wedding favors and I don't want to give away too much yet ;)

xxD

No comments:

Post a Comment