Friday, August 16, 2013

Zucchinis are taking over!


My parents have a gorgeous vegetable garden that i've been left in charge of while they are on holiday in London. It's filled with 3 different tomatoes, blueberries, 3 kinds of hot peppers, and zucchini!

I've been super busy with planning my wedding, teaching, choreographing, all while trying to get in wedding shape, which has resulted in a large amount of neglected Zucchinis. When I say large, I mean L-A-R-G-E. Have you ever seen an over grown zucchini? They pretty much triple in size over night which also means they become more bitter, so you really need to cut them off the vine while they're still fairly small.

I've been searching all over cooking blogs, Pinterest, and of course my families cook books, for every recipe under the moon using zucchinis. I've decided to make my own list of favorite zucchini recipes for anyone who might be having trouble keeping up with their own green beasts.

Here's one of my favorites so far:

Zucchini Fries

These are super easy to make, and are quite filling. I only used one large zucchini and it was enough to call dinner. I served my fries with homemade Mayonnaise mixed with a bit of Sriracha sauce, although I'm sure there are many different dipping sauces you could experiment with.




Ingredients
1-2 zucchini (depending on the size)
1 egg 
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I had a bunch of panko and decided to use that instead)

1. Preheat your oven to 425 F
2. Cover baking tray with either wax paper or cooking spray
3. Cut zucchini into 4 inch strips 
4. Whisk egg into small bowl and add milk
5. Mix together your parmesan and bread crumbs into a large bowl or ziplock bag.
6. Dip whole zucchini strips into egg mixture and then into your parm/crumb mixture and lay onto baking tray.
7. Bake for 25 min or until golden brown.
8. Enjoy!

Do you have any recipe suggestions for cooking with Zucchinis?


xx D

No comments:

Post a Comment